It was great to meet all of you yesterday at the TAMU camp jobs fair. We're excited that so many of you are looking for something good to do with you summer.
We like to say "Camp isn't about the stuff; It's about the STAFF!" so we believe finding the right people is the most important thing to making a HUGE impact on children this summer.
What we're all about
We want to make sure that you know what we're all about so you can decide if we're a good fit for you.
We are a faith-based organization, and we're looking for summer staff are stoked to spend the summer living in Christian community, serving Jesus by serving those who come to Forest Glen Springs. Most of our campers throughout the summer will be church groups, like youth and children groups. You'll spend the summer making the Springs a fun, safe, and beautiful natural environment where people can encounter God. Also, for four weeks we'll provide our own activities & curriculum for a program that invests in young men called Camp Wilderness Ridge.
If you're in the Recreation, Park & Tourism Sciences program, we can help you get your 400 hours of internship credit. And you'll be paid to do it!
If you're not an RPTS major, depending on your internship requirements, you may still be able to get credit with a paid internship at FGS. We will work with your adviser to help you get credit.
Please let us know during the application process if you're looking to get credit, so we can help you along the way.
Calling Godly men!
This summer will be the first year for Camp Wilderness Ridge's Summer Camp programs for young men to be hosted at Forest Glen Springs. Camp Wilderness Ridge exists to change the world through the leadership of REAL men. The program is for boys age 7-17, and is focused on teaching young men what it means to be a servant-leader through a model of Biblical manhood. We are looking for the right college-age men to help lead these programs as Counselors, Program Director, SALT Director, and Chaplain.
The Wilderness Ridge program lasts for 4 weeks of the summer, but you can still work in other roles like the Program Staff for the remainder of the season.
- Program Staff: You'll be cross-trained on everything from lifeguarding to ropes course.
- Camp Hosts: Help make retreat & conference groups feel welcome.
- Media Team & Media Team Lead: Use your creative gifts for photos, videos, & social media.
- Foodservice: Camp doesn't work without good food, and Forest Glen Springs provides the best!
- Camp Nurse/Medic: Care for the spiritual needs of campers while you meet their physical needs. Must have qualifications.
- Worship Team:
- WR SALT Director (male): Carry forward the vision of the Service And Leadership Trainee program. Spend 4 weeks investing
- WR Program Director (male): Be the front-man (M.C.) for Wilderness Ridge Summer Camps. Get campers pumped for each day and supervise games.
- WR Chaplain (male): Put big ideas into context for children and be a spiritual resource for campers & counselors.
- WR Cabin Counselors (male): Act as a role model, mentor, & daily leader to boys between the ages of 7 & 17 years old.
Compensation & Benefits
Summer Staff are paid on a weekly basis, starting at $175/week and up, plus meals & housing.
Other benefits include:
- Meals & housing
- No driving to work (save $$ on gas!)
- Free stuff: Staff shirts and Forest Glen Springs swag, water bottle, etc.
- Weekly time off
- Spiritual discipleship and investment by our staff
- Community and accountability within a staff life group
- The opportunity to make a difference for eternity
Employment before or after the summer
We pay staff hourly for work on the weekends. If you're interested in working during the school year, we can schedule you for as little as one weekend or as much as year-round.
To apply for BOTH Forest Glen Springs & Camp Wilderness Ridge summer positions, please click the button below...