New mailing address: P.O. Box 1025, Smithville, TX 78957
New main camp address: 1320 Park Road 1C, Smithville, TX 78957
Come Serve with us!!! – Weekend Campouts/Retreats Fall 2013
We need YOU to come help with facilitating activities, cooking and serving meals, and general hospitality. Families, fathers or mothers/sons and daughters, small groups, etc. are encouraged to come serve with us!
If you have had a great experience attending a retreat in the past at CWR, please consider volunteering! Email Bryan Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 432-553-8289 for answers to questions or further information! If you would like to plan an event, please call Bryan.
Please pray with us…
- Safety and Success in our service to the Lord and to the people God brings to CWR!
- Fill CWR retreats and campouts calendar
- Volunteers to serve us for retreats, campouts, and workdays Fall 2013
- Summer Camps 2014 planning and Staff recruiting
- Staff financial support to reach their 2013 budget target
Steven “Skittles” Palmer and Josh “007” White have committed to serve at CWR for the next 12 months. The focus is on Spiritual Growth through studies, servant-leadership, work projects and community involvement. Skittles and 007 have been coming to CWR for 9 years as campers, SALTs, and Servant-Leaders. They are living at CWR during the apprenticeship period. Come work alongside these guys at a campout or retreat or other event.
Training High/Low Ropes Assistants
September 28th training for certification as a CWR High/Low Ropes Assistant will be provided from 9am to 3pm. Instruction will include: philosophy (challenge objectives, attitude, working with participants,) skills (rigging, belaying, knot tying, carabineers, etc.), and techniques (harness/helmet fitting/tying, pulleys, rope (handling, care, storage). Qualifications: 15 years old and up, trainable, and a commitment to volunteer for high/low ropes at least once in the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014. Lunch will be provided by CWR.
An additional training has been planned for the weekend of November 22-24. Please click here for more information!
Camp Needs for 2013-2014
- Tractor Impliments: Down pressure kit & auger boring bit: $1,400
- Rifle Range improvements: $2,000
- AED Unit (Automated External Defibrillator): $800
- Pickle Ball Court materials & equipment: $500
- Health Center - Refurbish seating/sleeping area & bathroom: $1,000
- Ice Machine: $500
- Coffee Shop - flooring, building a counter with sink, appliances, simple furnishings: $700
- Pamper Pole (High Ropes Element): $4,000
- Dangle Duo (High Ropes Element): $2,500
Alternative to Boy Scouts of America…Christian Service Brigade (CSB)
Biblical Manhood through
Servant-Leadership in the name of Christ Jesus.
Learn more at www.csbministries.org.
Camp Wilderness Ridge is a REAL Camp…
- Reject Passivity
- Expect the Greater Reward, God’s Reward
- Accept Responsibility
- Lead Courageously