Imagine if any kid, anywhere in our area could attend Camp Wilderness Ridge, regardless of their ability to pay. Imagine if kids struggling with their identity, longing to be loved, faced with huge peer pressure or thoughts of self-injury could come face-to-face with a loving God who has a plan for their lives. Imagine that you could play a role in helping these kids experience the best week of their lives!
In the book of Leviticus, farmers were commanded not to harvest to the edges, or corners, of their fields, but to leave that grain for the poor to come and be fed. Through our Corners of the Field effort, we hope to provide a camp experience for impoverished kids who otherwise would be unable to go and be fed spiritually.
Did you know:
- On average, kids spend 3.5 minutes in meaningful conversation with their parents each week. (Source: www.csun.edu/science/health/docs/tv&health.html
- Kids aged 8-18 spend an average of 7.5 hours a day using entertainment media. (Source: www.cdc.gov/obesity/childhood/problem.html)
- Children play outside an average of four minutes a day. (Source: www.kff.org/entmedia/upload/8010.pdf)
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death among American teens. Source: www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/teen_suicide)
Note: These are all good reasons to make sure you consider encouraging all boys to come to Wilderness Ridge Camp this summer…in your sphere of influence…look around!!
A week at camp provides kids with a chance to break away from the pressures of their daily routine and the forces that so easily distract them from what’s really important. In a caring camp environment, full of fun and adventure, students are able to explore the big issues of life and catch a vision for their long-term future. For many, camp is a long-shot dream—their families may have trouble even putting food on the table. These kids deserve to experience camp and learn about God’s great love for them. Will you help? Will you send a kid to camp at Wilderness Ridge Camp?
Please give to our Corners of the Field effort. Even though the WRC summer camp price is extremely low, each year we have 30% of our campers that need financial aid. We’ll work to give a deserving kid the best week of their life because you care.
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus,
Ron Hunt <>< Camp Director
P.S. You can give online at www.wildernessridge.com.
Wilderness Ridge Camp new mailing address: P.O. Box 1025, Smithville, TX 78957
You can make an impact!
Summer Camps Needs - We invite you to prayerfully consider serving as a Servant-Leader to lead a group of 8 campers assisted by a SALT (Servant And Leadership Trainee) – Junior Counselors, SALT team (14 to 17 years old) go to: www.wildernessridge.com/staff opportunities and make application and learn of other open staff positions. We need a full-time cook for Summer Camps – contact: Sandy Hunt, email@example.com, financial compensation is available.
Also we will be serving churches for Father/Daughter or Son campouts at Cooper Farm on the weekends, Spring 2012. We need volunteers to help us serve them well. We need about 12 volunteers for each group. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please pray for Camp Wilderness Ridge Camp (CWR), as follows:
- Praise for the rains…may He keep it coming! Our sincere thanks for answered prayer.
- God knows whose live(s) you will impact with your gift. Pray about what God would have you do, and for our needs to be met.
- Praise Shawn Hammer is on staff now! …God’s grace, protection and provisions for him and his family.
- Summer Camps 2012 be filled to capacity each summer session (48 campers) 288 campers for the summer.
- Summer Camps staff – enough to fill each position needed each week.
- Each staff meets their financial target amount so we can focus on the tasks necessary for rebuilding camp facilities for Summer Camps and 2012 Spring Campouts/Retreats.
- Financial needs…Corners of the Field funds for campers, summer staff raising support and funds to rebuild camp facilities.
- A Christian young man that is considering full-time service on the WRC staff.
- God’s direction, holiness, wisdom and unity for the WRC Board of Directors and staff so that all decisions and actions bring Him honor and glory.