Dear CWR Family,
It is very quiet here since 2011 Summer Camps concluded on July 22nd. We served 246 boys and young men this summer. Thank you for your prayers over our 6 weeks of summer camps. God’s provision and protection covered us.
We had 19 campers become new followers of Jesus Christ during their week at camp. Eight of them came to Jesus Christ during the Ranger Challenge Camp (13-16 years old) for young men. We request that you pray for protection from Satan’s attacks and deceitfulness, and growth in their faith, and trust in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Pray for the campers that are searching and questioning to submit to God’s authority over their lives by following Jesus Christ.
Pray for those that already believed to follow through…committed to spiritual growth, obedience, and faithfulness.
We will be sending out letters that campers wrote (final day of camp each week) to themselves on what they want to do in response to what they learned at camp over the next 3-4 weeks. May the letters encourage them to go forth with their commitments to honor, worship and glorify our God, as they follow Jesus Christ and trust the Holy Spirit, as well as to serve others.
Thanks for your prayers for:
- Anthony who had no serious reactions to the wasp stings he suffered on two consecutive Fridays.
- Ron as the second round of antibiotics did eliminate his infection.
Please pray for Camp Wilderness Ridge (CWR), as follows:
- Financial needs…scholarship funds for camper and summer staff.
- Rain at CWR.
- God to prepare camper hearts to receive Salvation or to take the next step spiritually.
- Each staff to meet their financial target amount. For Alex Becerra to be able to raise his support as an intern (12-18 months) at CWR.
- God to provide another Christian man to serve full-time on the CWR staff.
- God’s inspiration, holiness, wisdom and unity for the CWR Board of Directors and staff so that all decisions and actions bring Him honor and glory. Next Board Meeting is on August 20th and Board Retreat on September 9-10.
May 2011 be a year in which God receives great glory through our lives! Spread the Gospel; the time is short!
Ron Hunt, Camp Director