Dear CWR Family,
God is so good as He continues to provide for Wilderness Ridge. Summer Camps 2012 is foremost on our minds right now. It appears that God has opened a door to a nearby property in the Lost Pines that would provide a familiar environment for our camps. Utilizing this property will allow us to conveniently continue use of areas of the original camp that are suitable for activities. Please be in prayer that this opportunity comes to reality and the details are quickly completed. While there is much work to be done in preparation for summer camps, we are confident that God will provide the resources, staff, and volunteers to bring this miraculous recovery about. Please review the detailed status report of our facilities located at the end of this newsletter.
Spring 2012 retreat/campout weekends to be hosted at Cooper Farm by Wilderness Ridge are being confirmed.
The Board of Directors has unanimously and enthusiastically re-affirmed our commitment to the mission and ministry of Wilderness Ridge – Low Cost, Christ-centered camping for Men and Boys. We have committed ourselves to moving forward in restoring the camp’s ability to operate the summer camp programs and to facilitate the programs of our guest churches.
We are very grateful for God’s faithful provision for our financial needs through you and others like you. We are trusting God for at least $35,000 for the General Fund, and staff support that we have received in past years. Only God knows whose lives you will impact with your gift. Please pray about what God would have you do, and for our needs to be met.
Please pray for Camp Wilderness Ridge (CWR), as follows:
- Gentle and continuous rain. Note: Our sincere thanks for answered prayer.
- Campers that became followers of Jesus Christ during Summer Camps 2011 to find a Bible believing, Christ-centered church. Campers that are searching and questioning to submit to God’s authority over their lives by following Jesus Christ. Campers that already believed to follow
- Each staff meets their financial target amount so we can focus on the tasks necessary for 2012 Spring Campouts/Retreats and Summer Camps. Alex Becerra’s support as a CWR intern through August 2012.
- Financial needs…scholarship funds for camper and summer staff.
- Two Christian men that are considering full-time service on the CWR staff.
- God’s direction, holiness, wisdom and unity for the CWR Board of Directors and staff so that all decisions and actions bring Him honor and glory.
through…committed to spiritual growth, obedience, and faithfulness.
May 2011 be a year in which God receives great glory through our lives! Spread the Gospel; the time is short!
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,
Ron Hunt, Camp Director
CWR Fire Damage Report: Facilities and Grounds
Camp Director's Residence -- Destroyed; Using insurance proceeds, the camp has purchased a home w/ office in Smithville for use as a Camp Director residence.
Manufactured Housing -- Destroyed
Cabins 1-6 -- Destroyed
SALT Cabin -- Destroyed
Kitchen -- Destroyed
Office -- Destroyed
Craft Shelter -- Destroyed
Maintenance Barn -- Destroyed
Bicycle Corral -- Destroyed
Wood Working Shop -- Destroyed
Bathroom rebuilt on old Wood Working Shop slab (11/21/2011) and pole barn to store supplies and lumber is being erected. Damage to slab makes it unsuitable for use as wood-working shop without significant re-finishing.