Though he slays me, yet will I trust in Him… Job 13:15
We’re thankful for our Lord Christ Jesus lighting our way. We are expecting the paperwork to finalize the new property to come any moment so we are completely free to perform the many projects that must be completed to be ready for Summer Camps.
Help needed to rebuild Camp Wilderness Ridge!
We need one person to be the Project Manager for each of the projects listed below. If interested, contact Shawn Hammer by email.
Come work beside us anytime Monday thru Saturday until at least May 19th. We start at 8 am – 5 pm, provide lunch and in some cases breakfast…work the hours that works for you. Overnight accommodations can be arranged.
Spring Break Work Project:
Saturday, March 10, and Monday-Friday, March 12 – 17:
- cleaning the property (under growth, dead trees, paths, etc.
- building of restroom and shower buildings;
- trenching and laying water lines & electric wire;
- decks and fence around swimming pool;
- camper cabins; low ropes elements;
- amphitheater with seating area and campfire pit;
- campfire circles with seating areas;
- perimeter interior fences, games field, archery & rifle ranges
- renovation of infirmary, and kitchen
Lunch will be provided each day for $3 and if you stay overnight breakfast will be available at 7:45 am for $3.
Please mark your calendar we’ll be working Monday thru Friday every week plus Saturdays until May 19th so come whenever you can. We’ll periodically put out updates on what are the critical path projects.
Let us know you’re coming by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-237-4442.
You can make an impact!
Summer Camps Needs
We invite you to prayerfully consider serving as Servant-Leader to lead a group of 8 campers assisted by a SALT (Servant And Leadership Trainee) – Junior Counselors or a SALT team (14 to 17 years old) member. Go to wildernessridge.com/staff opportunities and download an application and also to learn of other open staff positions. We need a full-time cook for Summer Camps. Please contact Sandy Hunt, email@example.com, financial compensation is available.
Spring Retreat Volunteers Needed:
We will be serving churches Father/Daughter or Father/Son campouts at Cooper Farm on the weekends this Spring so we will need volunteers to help us serve them well. Check out the Spring Retreats tab to select a time you can serve!
Please pray for Camp Wilderness Ridge (CWR), as follows:
- Praise for the rains…may He keep it coming! Our sincere thanks for answered prayer.
- God knows whose live(s) you will impact with your gift. Pray about what God would have you do, and for our needs to be met.
- Praise – Shawn Hammer is on staff now! …God’s grace, protection and provisions for him and his family.
- Summer Camps 2012 be filled to capacity each summer session (48 campers) 288 campers for summer.
- Summer Camps staff enough to fill each position needed each week.
- Each staff meets their financial target amount so we can focus on the tasks necessary for 2012 Spring Campouts/Retreats and Summer Camps.
- Financial needs…scholarship funds for campers and summer staff…funds to build camp facilities.
- A Christian young man that is considering full-time service on the CWR staff.
- Nick Martinez is working to raise financial and prayer support to be a CWR intern.
- God’s direction, holiness, wisdom and unity for the CWR Board of Directors and staff so that all decisions and actions bring Him honor and glory.
Spread the Gospel; the time is short! Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,
Ron Hunt, Camp Director
Camp Wilderness Ridge new physical address is 1320 Park Road 1C, Smithville, TX 78957, just 2 miles east of our property at 855 Park Road 1C, Smithville, TX 78957.
We will use both sites this summer: CWR-East for main camp and CWR-West for canoe activities, fishing and high ropes challenges.
Our mailing address is still P.O. Box 1025, Smithville, TX 78957.