I heard this morning a reminder that we all have battles going on in our lives. Last month’s letter talked about boys struggling with their identity, longing to be loved, faced with huge peer pressure or thoughts of self-injury…who does not have those feelings or questions from time to time? Look around – you can play a role in helping boys experience the best week of their lives! They can experience a face-to-face encounter with a loving God who has a plan for their lives. Your sphere of influence is your own family (including nephews and grandsons), neighbors, sons of those you work with or for, and your church family. We still have places for campers this summer. We can offer financial aid so there is no reason not to come. We’ll work to give a deserving kid the best week of their life because you care. An online Summer Camp 2012 brochure is at www.wildernessridge.com and registration can be done there.
You can make an impact!
We have extended the deadline until May 21st to accept applications for SALT (Servant And Leadership Trainee) – Junior Counselors, SALT team (14 to 17 years old). Go to: http://www.wildernessridge.com/staff-opportunities to make application and to learn of other open staff positions. We need a worship leader and lifeguards (we’ll pay for certification training) and guarantee compensation commitment.
We need a full-time cook for Summer Camps. Contact Sandy Hunt, email@example.com – financial compensation is available.
- Please pray for Camp Wilderness Ridge (CWR), as follows:
- Praise for the rains may He keep it coming! Our sincere thanks for answered prayer.
- God knows whose live(s) you will impact with your gift. Pray about what God would have you do, and for our needs to be met…building camp facilities.
- Praise Shawn Hammer is on staff now! …God’s grace, protection and provisions for him and his family.
- Summer Camps 2012 be filled to capacity each summer session (48 campers) 288 campers for the summer.
- Summer Camps staff – to fill each position needed each week and staff raising support.
- Each CWR staff to meet their financial target amount so we can focus on the tasks necessary for rebuilding camp facilities for Summer Camps, 2012 Spring Campouts/Retreats and Summer Camps.
Financial needs…Corners of the Field funds for campers. summer staff raising support and funds to rebuild camp facilities
God’s direction, holiness, wisdom and unity for the CWR Board of Directors and staff so that all decisions and actions bring Him honor and glory.
Camp Wilderness Ridge:New mailing address:
P.O. Box 1025, Smithville, TX 78957New main camp address:
1320 Park Road 1C, Smithville, TX 78957
Also we will be serving Family and Father/Son campouts at Cooper Farm, Ledbetter, TX in May, so we will need volunteers to help us serve them well. We need about 12 volunteers for each group. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campouts – May 2012
Directions to Cooper Farm:
From La Grange: Go North on Hwy 77 for 2.6 miles to FM 2145. Go right (east) on FM 2145 for 10.2 miles into Waldeck. Go left (north) on FM 1291 and turn right on CR 112/ Waldeck Road go east on Waldeck Road for 2.6 miles to find Cooper Farm on the left.
From Brenham: Go West on Hwy 290 for 23.3 miles to FM 1291 in Ledbetter. Turn left on FM 1291 and go 6.2 miles. Turn left on Albers Road and go 0.3 miles to CR 112/Waldeck Road. Go 2.6 miles to find Cooper Farm on the left.
From Giddings: Go East on Hwy 290 for 9.0 miles to Ledbetter. Turn right on FM 1291 and go 6.2 miles. Turn left on Albers Road and go 0.3 miles to CR 112/Waldeck Road. Go 2.6 miles to find Cooper Farm on the left.
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus,
Ron Hunt <><