P.O. Box 1025
Smithville, TX 78957
1320 Park Road 1C
Smithville, TX 78957
Dear CWR Family,
The Lake Pavilion rebuild project is well underway! One of the restrooms was available for last weekend’s retreat group to use. What a delight to have the large, open, covered area to relax and do a variety of games under, plus a convenient restroom facility! You can see photos of the project at: wildernessridge.com/pavilion-project.
We’re really close to having the money to complete the Internal Structure build phase—now only $8,902 is needed!
Chapel/Lake Pavilion Rebuild Project Breakdown:
|New Slab||$28,000||$28,000 Gift||Done|
|Metal Pavilion & Construction||$21,356||$21,356 Insurance||Done|
|Internal Structure Build||$26,640||$17,732 Gifts||$8,902|
|Structure HVAC - Optional||$3,300||$0||$3,300|
You can give for specific/individual items…
|Item||Cost each||# Needed||Total Cost|
|Stainless Steel Tables||$350||2||$700.00|
|Stainless Steel Shelves||$179||2||$358.00|
|Folding Chairs||USED CHAIRS ACCEPTED!
New: $64.98 (4-pack)
Please be a part of this historical event make a donation…no gift is too small!
Make a gift now to the Lake Pavilion Special Project Fund:
Please pray with us for Camp Wilderness Ridge (CWR), as follows:
- Rain needed!!!
- Meet financial needs of staff… we appreciate staff ministry partners.
- Financial gifts to complete build of the serving kitchen and restrooms under new Lake Pavilion.
- Full retreats calendar, and that each group will have great turnout…to gather, encounter and change.
- Protection from spiritual attack for all who come to CWR.
- Turners’ baby girl (Becca, due November 16th) needs to turn from breech position and for continued good health for both Claire and Becca.
- Healing for Bryan Turner’s surgery incision.
- God’s vision, holiness, wisdom, and unity for the CWR Board of Directors and permanent staff so that all decisions and actions bring Christ Jesus honor and glory. Next board meeting is scheduled for December 6.
|Current CWR Board|
|Merle Breiland||Scott Goad|
CWR Board of Directors
Currently, we have need for one more member on our Board of Directors. The term of service for board members is one year. The board meets quarterly and, if needed, for special meetings. If you or someone you know might be interested in serving on the Camp Wilderness Ridge Board of Directors, please come out to serve with us, then request a copy of the CWR Constitution and Board Member Application, contact Executive Director Ron Hunt at email@example.com.
Spring 2015 Retreats, Campouts, & Events
Does your church, small group, or community need a Father/Son, Father/Daughter, or Family Campout? Men’s Retreat? Team-building event? Service project? For info on what we can provide and available dates, contact: Jeremy Thomasson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 718-2618. Also visit: wildernessridge.com/retreats
Volunteers are needed to serve these groups, so let Jeremy know when you or your group can come out.
Work projects! Form a small or large group to come perform one or more of the following:
- Paint and make minor repairs to cabins
- Complete final section of brush clearing or installing ranch fencing (non-barbed) around camp perimeter
- Add dirt retaining wall & step on one side of the new Pickleball Court
- Apply new stain to “Ber Kletke” Memorial Gazebo
Contact Ron Hunt at email@example.com to arrange a date and time to come out.
The Outdoor Wilderness Learning (OWL) Program for local homeschool boys is off and running! So far the students have learned topics from survival mindset to edible local plants. Each session includes a fun project like making strong, braided rope from twine or emergency whistles from acorns, and incorporates biblical lessons and scripture memorization. Learn more at http://wildernessridge.com/owl
A REAL Camp:
“Camp Wilderness Ridge exists to change the world through the leadership of REAL men.”
REAL Life with Jesus Christ
- Reproduce disciples (Mt 28:18-20)
- Esteem God above all (Mk 12:30)
- Announce the Good News (Lk 24:46-47)
- Live for others (Mk 10:45)
- Reject passivity
- Expect God’s greater reward
- Accept responsibility
- Lead Courageously
I want to share a letter (copy included) from Gabe McNabb, a summer camper who is the grandnephew of Dwayne McNabb. Dwayne is a founder of Camp Wilderness Ridge and was the first Chairman of the Board. He led CWR with great vision, courage, and faith. What a tribute this letter is! Praise God!
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus,
“Ranger” Ron Hunt (67),
(512) 554-5074 / firstname.lastname@example.org