We’re at the half-way point of the Summer Camps schedule. Great things are happening as campers enter through the New Entrance to the camp in to the wilderness which is Camp Wilderness Ridge (CWR). The highlight of each week is the campers memorizing Bible verses…over 75% each week.
We have camper spots in our Woodsman Camp IV, July 27-August 1 (boys 7-9 & 10-13). Is God putting someone on your heart that would benefit from being in His nature and in a Christ-centered environment of camaraderie, challenge, and enjoyment? Who can you invite to go to Summer Camp at Wilderness Ridge??? Send people to www.wildernessridge.com/summer for details and to register. God has provided scholarship aid too. Scholarship information contact: Ron Hunt, email@example.com or call: 512-554-5074.
New this year was the Father/Son Camp; seven dads came with their sons, 11 years old or older. The dads said “we know we need to spend more time with our sons, so I wanted to come spend a big block of time with my son at camp”. After a game of Kingdoms (capture the flag with paddled swords) a dad admitted that don’t get into “kiddie” games, I do my duty…but I found myself fully engaged with my son and the game, just having a blast!!!
Come serve with us @ Summer Camps!!! Contact: Ron Hunt, 512-554-5047, for information on how you can participate.
Rebuild of origin site of CWR update
At the site where the Chapel stood before the wildfire of September 2011 a metal Pavilion erected on a new slab was completed June 6th. They were paid for by a gift for the slab ($28,000) and the metal Pavilion out of the wildfire recovery insurance fund ($19,556).
The final phase is construction of an internal structure that includes a serving kitchen and storage area plus restrooms with showers. We want to fund this final phase with gifts from the CWR friends. We have received over 56% of the funds to build the internal structure…another $11,640 would allow us to complete it this month. Please be a part of this historical event make a donation…no gift is too small! Donations can be made through: www.wildernessridge.com/donate
Please pray with us for Camp Wilderness Ridge (CWR), as follows:
- Fill July 27-August 1 Woodsman Camp, right now 10 openings.
- Thankful for the rains…please keep the rains coming.
- Meet Financial needs:…staff financial partners to meet monthly budget targets or provide special gifts
- Financial gifts or donations to build the restrooms and serving kitchen under new Pavilion
- Full Retreats/Campouts/Conference 2014 Fall calendar, and that each will be well attended.
- God’s vision, holiness, wisdom and unity for the CWR Board of Directors and permanent staff so that all decisions and actions bring Christ Jesus honor and glory. Next Board Meeting scheduled for September 13, 2014.
- Protection from spiritual attack for all that come to CWR
- Hammer family as they adjust to Elsa Mae born April 1st.
- Baby Turner to continue growing in good health.
- Healing Bryan Turner’s of severe foot pain.
Fall Campout/Retreat Weekends
Come to CWR for: Father/Daughter or Son, Church Families, Men, Small Group, etc. Contact: Jeremy Thomasson, firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 214-718-2618 for information on what we can provide and available dates. Volunteers wanted to help serve these groups so let Jeremy know when you or your group can come out.
Help us! Form a small or large group to come perform one or more of the following work projects:
- Railings around our new Welcome Center
- New Entrance sign erection, gate hanging, tractor work: road base spreading, install coverts
- Complete the cleaning of the last parameter section of the camp property
- Ranch wire fencing (not barbwire) installation around the camp property
- Retaining wall on one side of the new Pickleball Court
- Apply new stain to “Ber Kletke” Memorial Gazebo
Contact Shawn Hammer, Assistant Camp Director, email@example.com or 850-218-3534 get additional information on these projects and others. We have “packaged projects” for homework also available.
Be sure to “Like” our Facebook page (Camp Wilderness Ridge) and “follow” us on Twitter and Instagram (both @CampWR) to help us spread the word on Summer Camps 2014!
A REAL Camp: “Camp Wilderness Ridge exists to change the world through the leadership of REAL men.”
REAL Life with Jesus Christ
• Reproduce disciples (Matthew 28:18-20)
• Esteem God above all (Mark 12:30)
• Announce the Good News (Luke 24:46-47)
• Live for others (Mark 10:45)
• Reject passivity
• Expect God’s greater reward
• Accept responsibility
• Lead Courageously
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus,
“Ranger” Ron Hunt (67),
(512) 554-5074 / firstname.lastname@example.org