P.O. Box 1025
Smithville, TX 78957
1320 Park Road 1C
Smithville, TX 78957
Dear CWR Family,
We had a great Summer of Camps spread over 7 weeks. The new Father/Son Camp was a success, and we look forward to its growth. Staff was incredible as they met the challenges and surprises with poise. Both Servant-Leaders and Servant And Leadership Trainees (SALT) produced at a high level. We experienced a 19% increase in campers over 2013.
Our staff have begun work for Summer Camp 2015 by debriefing lessons learned this summer. We already have registrations for next summer and you can register now at the lowest price, for a deposit of $80. The balance payment is not due until June 2015. Register at wildernessridge.com/summer or call us at (512) 237-4442.
New at Camp Wilderness Ridge is the Outdoor Wilderness Learning (OWL) Program for homeschool boys age 8-12 from the Bastrop and Smithville area. The class will meet every other Wednesday, September 24, 2014 through April 2015. Normal class times will be 9am to 3:30pm.
Students will practice outdoor skills, learn about God's Creation, and have devotions from the Mossy Oak Trail Guide published by NavPress. The book’s introduction expresses our purpose:
“...reading, thinking, praying, and living Scripture with the intention of inviting an infinite, omniscient God into your life – as it is, no gloss, no veneer. [It] is more Bible basking than Bible study, as it teaches you to absorb and meditate on Scripture, to converse with God openly, and to live out what has become a part of you – His Word.”
The price is $700 for the 16 weeks classes and a wrap-up Father/Son campout weekend May 1-3, 2015.
Rebuild on original site of CWR update
The final phase is construction of an internal structure that includes restrooms with showers, plus a serving kitchen and general storage area. We want to fund this final phase with gifts from CWR friends. We have received over 56% of the funds to complete the internal structure…another $11,640 would allow us to complete it by the end of September. Please be a part of this historical event make a donation…no gift is too small! Photos of the project at wildernessridge.com.
Metal Pavilion & Erection
Structure HVAC - Optional
$15,000 gifts to date
$0 to date
End of 2013-2014 Apprenticeship
Steven “Skittles” Palmer and Josh “007” White have served as CWR Apprentices for 12 months. Twelve months is the time period commitment they made. Their service has been widespread across a variety of areas including a lot of just plain hard-work. Our desire has been to give them an understanding of ministry-business and a Biblical work ethic, Colossians 3:23, (integrity, servant-leader, punctuality, time management, staying on task, project management, time management, honesty, etc.). We pray for God to bless their journey ahead.
Please pray with us for Camp Wilderness Ridge, as follows:
- Praise – God did provide an abundance of campers for the last two Woodsmen Camps (ages: 7-10)
- Need rain…property is very dry!
- Meet Financial needs:…staff financial partners to meet monthly budget targets or provide special gifts
- Financial gifts or donations to build the restrooms and serving kitchen under new Pavilion
- Full 2014 Fall calendar for Retreats & Campouts, and that each will be well attended.
- God’s vision, holiness, wisdom and unity for the CWR Board of Directors and permanent staff so that all decisions and actions bring Christ Jesus honor and glory. Next Board Meeting scheduled for September 13, 2014.
- Protection from spiritual attack for all that come to CWR
- Hammer family as they adjust to Elsa Mae born April 1st.
- Baby Turner to continue growing in good health.
- Healing Bryan Turner’s of severe foot pain.
Fall 2014 Retreats
Interested in having a Fall Campout/Retreat Weekend at CWR for Father/Daughter or Son, Church Families, Men, Small Group, etc.? Contact: Jeremy Thomasson, email@example.com or call: 214-718-2618 for information on what we can provide and available dates.
Volunteers wanted to help serve these groups so let Jeremy know when you or your group can come out. Our first event is August 29th Bastrop ISD, Colorado River Collegiate Academy for Team-building (high & low ropes courses).
Help us! Form a small or large group to come perform one or more of the following work projects:
- Railings around our new Welcome Center
- New Entrance sign erection, gate hanging, tractor work: road base spreading, install culverts
- Complete the cleaning of the last parameter section of the camp property
- Ranch wire fencing (not barbwire) installation around the camp property
- Retaining wall on one side of the new Pickleball Court
- Apply new stain to “Ber Kletke” Memorial Gazebo
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 554-5074 to get additional information on these projects and others. We also have some “packaged projects” for you to work at home and bring to CWR at your leisure.
Be sure to “Like” our Facebook page (Camp Wilderness Ridge) and “follow” us on Twitter and Instagram (both @CampWR) to help us spread the word on Camp Wilderness Ridge!
Camp Wilderness Ridge - A REAL Camp:
“Camp Wilderness Ridge exists to change the world through the leadership of REAL men.”
REAL Life with Jesus Christ
- Reproduce disciples (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Esteem God above all (Mark 12:30)
- Announce the Good News (Luke 24:46-47)
- Live for others (Mark 10:45)
- Reject passivity
- Expect God’s greater reward
- Accept responsibility
- Lead Courageously
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus,
“Ranger” Ron Hunt (67),