P.O. Box 1025
Smithville, TX 78957
1320 Park Road 1C
Smithville, TX 78957
Dear CWR Family,
Incredible news! More than 20 campers came to know Jesus Christ during a camp this summer. Praise God!!!
Feedback from Summer Campers:
We have room for 2 more students in the Outdoor Wilderness Learning (OWL) Program for homeschool boys age 8-12 from the Bastrop and Smithville area. The class will meet every other Wednesday through April 2015. Normal class times will be 9am to 3:30pm. The next class is October 8th. The price is $700 for the 16 weeks of classes and a wrap-up Father/Son campout weekend May 1-3, 2015. Details at: wildernessridge.com/owl.
Rebuild on original site of CWR update…
The final construction phase is an internal structure for a serving kitchen, general storage area, restrooms, and showers. We want to fund this final phase with gifts from CWR friends. Over 56% of the funds are in… another $11,640 is needed to complete it. Please be a part of this historical event-make a donation… no gift is too small! Photos of the project at: www.wildernessridge.com.
Daniel “Chef” Benoit, is now serving as a CWR Apprentice through August 2015. Our desire is to give him an understanding of ministry-business and a biblical work ethic, as seen in Colossians 3:23 – Integrity, servant-leader, time management, staying on task, project management, and time management.
Please pray with us for Camp Wilderness Ridge, as follows:
- Praise for rain received… Pray for additional rain!
- Pray for financial needs of staff and for additional ministry partners.
- Pray for financial gifts to complete the serving kitchen and restrooms under new Pavilion.
- Praise for full fall 2014 calendar… Pray that each retreat/campout group will have great attendance.
- God’s vision, holiness, wisdom, and unity for the CWR Board of Directors and permanent staff so that all decisions and actions bring Christ Jesus honor and glory. Next board meeting is December 6, 2014.
- Protection from spiritual attack for all that come to CWR.
- Baby girl Turner to continue growing in good health.
- Healing Bryan Turner’s surgery incision.
Retreats & Campouts
We still have openings in spring 2015 for YOUR campout, retreat, or team-building event! Contact Jeremy Thomasson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 718-2618 for information on what we can provide and available dates. Also, visit wildernessridge.com/retreats.
Volunteers are needed for serve these retreat groups, so please let Jeremy know when you or your group can come out to serve. Facilitate activities (archery, riflery, canoeing, fishing, high ropes, general games) or Foodservice helpers (food prep, setup and washing dishes, trash detail). We have volunteer needs this fall every weekend through November 23rd. Check out the Volunteer Calendar at wildernessridge.com/serve.
OCTOBER WORKDAY is coming up on Saturday, October 11 – Mark your calendar!
Form a small or large group to come perform one or more of the following work projects:
- New Main Entrance sign & gate
- Cabin repairs & painting
- Completing clearing of property perimeter & installing ranch wire fence
- Retaining wall on one side of the new Pickleball Court
- Applying stain to “Ber Kletke” Memorial Gazebo at lake
Lunch is always provided!
For additional information and to sign-up for October 11th Workday, go to: wildernessridge.com/workdays.
A REAL Camp: “Camp Wilderness Ridge exists to change the world through the leadership of REAL men.”
REAL Life with Jesus Christ
- Reproduce disciples (Matthew 28:18-20
- Esteem God above all (Mark 12:30)
- Announce the Good News (Luke 24:46-47
- Live for others (Mark 10:45)
- Reject passivity
- Expect God’s greater reward
- Accept responsibility
- Lead Courageously
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus,
“Ranger” Ron Hunt (67),