P.O. Box 1025
Smithville, TX 78957
1320 Park Road 1C
Smithville, TX 78957
DEAR CWR FAMILY,
Summer Camp 2015 registrations are in full swing with several Camp for Christmas gifts plus those that registered right after their Summer camp session -- Camp sessions are filling up! Which camp session do you want your son to attend?
- Woodsman Camps, ages: 7-12 (4 sessions)
- Father & Son Camp, 11 years or older (1 session)
- Ranger Camps, ages: 13-17 (2 sessions)
Camp session dates, camp descriptions & registration are presented at: www.wildernessridge.com/summer
Who else should be coming to Camp Wilderness Ridge (CWR)?
Friends of your son(s) you can encourage, a single parent’s son(s), class or team mates?
You don’t have any son(s) or your son(s) are grown…is there a neighbor/friend’s boy or young man, nephew, etc. that you can encourage his family to attend?
Maybe you, your small group or church can help financially to send deserving guys to camp. Thirty-six percent of last year’s campers came on a partial scholarship. Over 20% (51 campers) received a scholarship of $200 to $400. Right now we have about 1/3 of the money to meet that same demand. Please help either pay for those you know that need to be here this summer or donate to our scholarship fund. Donations can be made at our website: www.wildernessridge.com or mail us a check with the form below Scholarship checked or write Scholarship in the memo line on your check.
Gents, we have a variety of summer staff service opportunities for you as follows:
Servant-Leaders: 18 – 99 years old
Cabin Counselor, Program Director, Photographer/Videographer, SALT Director, Nurse, Chaplain, Worship Leader
SALT (Servant And Leadership Trainee) Program: 13-17 years old
Participate: Activities Crew, Operations Crew, Junior Counselors, Lifeguards (Note: CWR may reimburse cost of certification)
Application, Descriptions & Compensation for each position is available at: www.wildernessridge.com/jobs
Reserve the dates: April 24-26, 2015 - CWR brings
“Fishers of Men” Retreat Weekend
Fly Fishing Guides:
Chris Johnson, Co-owner of Living Waters Fly Fishing and experienced anglers as instructors
Step-by-step instructions and on-the-water training sessions on fly-tying, rigging, casting
Price includes all flies, soft tackle (Leaders, tippet, & indicators), rods, & reels.
Experienced anglers as instructors – maximum of 8 people per instructor
Please pray with us for Camp Wilderness Ridge (CWR), as follows:
- Praise for Rain!!!
- Praise for God’s Provision of the Financial and In-Kind donations for Pavilion Project – 100% of Goal
- Meet financial needs of CWR staff… we appreciate & need staff ministry partners.
- Full retreats calendar, and that each group will have a great turnout…to gather, encounter and change.
- Hammer family protection and provisions
- Turner family with 2 month old daughter Becca
- Healing for Bryan Turner’s surgery.
- God’s vision, holiness, wisdom, and unity for the CWR Board of Directors and permanent staff so that all decisions and actions bring Christ Jesus honor and glory. Next board meeting is scheduled for January 31st.
Spring Break Day Camps for Bastrop County
Again, CWR is providing Day Camps, March 16-20, 2015 for boys and girls (6-12 years old). Grace Covenant Church, Youth are joining us to provide a great experience each day through Bible stories, outdoor games and activities such as: archery, riflery, canoeing, GaGa Ball, Pickleball, low ropes and high ropes (Commando Bridge, climbing wall and zip-lines plus “The Screamer”.
Spring 2015 Retreats, Campouts, & Events
Does your church, small group, or community need a Father/Son, Father/Daughter, Men’s or Family weekend retreat? A team-building event? For info on what we can provide and available dates, contact: Jeremy Thomasson at email@example.com or (214) 718-2618. Also visit: wildernessridge.com/retreats
Volunteers are needed to serve these groups, so let Jeremy know if you or your group can come with us in the Winter or Spring. See our calendar at: www.wildernessridge.com/retreats
CWR Needs List
8 loads - Road Base for various locations on both properties - $175 per load
Marksmanship Ranges Enhancements - $1,000
Three Horseshoe Pits - $240
Washer Toss (3) - $30 each
Gator Utility Vehicle (used) - $3-4,000 each
Work projects! A small or large group to come perform one or more of the following:
- Tarp replacements for cabins
- Paint cabins and bunk beds
- Complete installation of smooth galvanized wire fencing around camp perimeter
- Slope dirt around new Pickleball Court
CWR exists to change the world through the Leadership of REAL men.
Grace to you and peace from God our
Father and the Lord Christ Jesus,
“Ranger” Ron Hunt (67),
(512) 554-5074 / firstname.lastname@example.org