Anyone (15 years old & up) who is interested in assisting with Low Ropes (team-building elements) OR High Ropes (climbing wall, zip line, Big Swing).
***Those who have previously helped with High Ropes should attend to have their skills checked off for the coming year!***
Training session specific to CWR for retreats volunteers and potential Summer Staff who desire to serve through helping facilitate both Low Ropes (team-building elements) and High Ropes (challenge elements). Training will cover: Spotting, Belaying, Commands & Communication, Using equipment properly, Safety Specifics for various elements.
Even if you don't think you'd ever want to help with belaying, this training will help you be sure you know how to:
- help campers put on harnesses correctly,
- spot campers getting on and off ladders,
- where to place spotters and what to watch for on Low Ropes elements,
- ideas for scenarios on team-building games,
Saturday, February 1, 2014 - 9AM to 5PM. Please arrive at 8:30AM - Breakfast will be provided. If you'd like to come down on Friday night and stay in the bunkhouse, let us know!
Meet at Cafe at CWR-East (1320 Park Road 1C property)
- Bring water and sunscreen with you.
- Lunch will be provided for all attendees.
- THIS IS NOT A CERTIFICATION. But everyone must participate in this training and have your skills checked off by the Lead Facilitator to belay or help operate any Challenge Course elements at CWR. This training is site-specific and would not carry over to any other camp or organization.
For more info, please see the event on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/events/548485765227101/) or contact Bryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in attending this training.
If you're unable to attend this date, but would like to receive volunteer training at another time please let us know that as well.
email@example.com | (432) 553-8289