Get Involved – WORKDAYS
ALL TOGETHER NOW! Camp can always use friends who want to support the ministry with their time & talents! This time of the year help is needed to get ready to serve the campers this summer.
Campers will appreciate your help!
Calendar of Workdays @ 8:30am
May 20, May 31, June 1, 3, 4, 6
Camp address: 738 FM 969, Bastrop, TX 78602
Let us know you’re coming…
so we can plan work accordingly and to know how many lunches to prepare. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating workday date(s) you’re coming and if anyone else is coming with you.
Build projects (on-site or off-site)
- Woodworking Station (2) – Don & Karen VanOverloop (COMPLETED 4/20)
- Box hockey (2 units)
- Shooting Target holder for Marksmanship (5) – Rob Gibson & Norm Huntingdon (COMPLETED 4/22)
- Tomahawk Throwing Target (2)
- Campfire pit out of stone (COMPLETED May 14)
Wanted: Someone to head a project to build a Human Foosball arena out of wooden pallets or recommend another plan. If interested please contact: Ron Hunt (email@example.com or 512-554-5074) for drawings, bill of materials and instructions for any of these projects.
Your help is needed to complete chainsawing of downed trees and large limb, to clear tent sites and marksmanship ranges (archery & riflery). The tomahawk throwing area ready with two targets in place (completed May 14). Mowing and weedeating in and around the Dining Pavilion, games field, plus around the lake and campfire pit benches.
Low-ropes Course Construction
Bryan Turner has engineered, and is guiding construction of the Low-ropes course to insure accuracy and safety. The TP Shuffle area is cleared and the element is ready. Four more elements areas are cleared and construction underway for: Spider Web, Traverse Wall, Trust Fall and Giant’s Finger. Someone is need to build the Moby Deck. Please contact: Ron Hunt, firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Please bring work gloves and tools:
- Campsite maintenance: chainsaws (safety glasses, and chaps required, helmet recommended) lawn & metal rakes, loppers, wheelbarrows or heavy duty wagons, shovels, pick axes, post hole diggers, tampering bars, etc. Don’t forget your work gloves and sunscreen!
- Construction (power generator or electricity available) – battery or electric: power saws, portable table saw, & drills, and also hammers, nail removers, crowbars, levels, squares, screw drivers, etc.
Now there is fire pit (completed May 14th). It’s surrounded by the benches built and placed April 9th. The campfire pit is the gathering place, each evening, to perform skits, to praise and worship, and to hear a message from the chaplain.
Wall tent 16’x16′ cabin erected on campsite. The tent will be outfitted with 5 bunkbeds to accommodate 8 campers and a Servant-Leader and SALT Junior Counselor. Additional tent cabins will be erected during upcoming workdays.
First building project on the campsite, completed March 5th. We’re thankful for the 22 people that participated, at various times, over 5 workdays to complete this 20′ x 32′ dining hall and snack time rest area “lean to”.